Achieving a Better Life
Before I started the Objectives I was a completely different person and I never thought I’d experience so much progress and so many positive changes in such a short period of time—but I did.
My wins from Objectives are huge.
First of all, I acquired patience. I learned how to wait and actually hear other people’s opinions and ideas.
I learned how to be patient about changes; about ways of seeing things differently; and when and how to take reasonable actions.
Secondly, I stopped being so self-critical and started to believe in myself and I now know that, with enough determination, I can get something done. I now believe I can be a better person and that I can make effective changes in my life.
Thirdly, I thought I had lost my entire personality—but that is not the case. Here are some of the things I have gained:
- Because of doing the Objectives, I no longer fear the things I used to be afraid of and I now want to try everything that seems challenging—even if it might be hard.
- I have greater moral strength and I’m no longer affected by other people’s negative words or actions. Now I say things that I want to say, do or feel, and no one can make me feel less confident about my actions.
- Before doing Objectives I had a lot of confusion in my mind, and all kinds of bad thoughts. These bad thoughts and experiences were preventing me from showing who I WAS. I was afraid of sharing communication and so would keep everything inside and not share my thoughts with anyone. This is no longer the case.
- I gained the ability to have a clear mind and clear memories and, because of that, I can finally see my goals and intentions in life.
- Now I know what’s right and what’s wrong and I know that anything bad that happened to me, I helped create myself.
- I learned that doing nothing and not wanting to change and make things better in one’s life is the worse thing you can do and by pushing yourself and believing in yourself, you really can start to make things go right.
In short, my advice is: Have a clear purpose. Make good choices for yourself. Have a clear meaning of what you think life is. Be honest and ethical.
When you do these things, you’ll see that life can bring you a great deal of happiness and you’ll never fall down because you’ll know how to control life and life will not control you.
Nensi O. —Student at Narconon Balkan